Prepare a 60-minute health teaching project for a targeted group of patients – specifying culture, ethnicity, age, and educational level. The teaching project will include three components: a) a teaching plan; b) sample script and c) a handout/brochure appropriate for the target audience. The assignment takes into consideration many of the elements of patient teaching that are discussed earlier in the semester (identifying a target audience, writing learning goals and behavioral objectives, developing teaching strategies, using teaching materials, evaluating of learning, working with low-low-literacy learners, using evidence-based research to inform patient-teaching) and serves as the signature assignment in this course. The assignment must also be submitted to e-Portfolio
1. The teaching plan should be for a 60-minute presentation and include the following:
- identify the target audience in terms of culture, ethnicity, age, and educational level and state the overall goal of the teaching session
- at least 5 measurable behavioral objectives
- detailed content outline – specific topics to be addressed
- a variety of teaching strategies appropriate for the target group – culture, ethnicity, age, and educational level
- time allotted for each part of the content
- all types of instructional materials needed for the teaching session
- the specific method of evaluating the extent of learning that has at least 15 minutes allotted in the plan (Do not use a post-test evaluation).
- reference list from 5 peer-reviewed nursing journals
2. A script of exactly what is planned to be said and done in the 60 minutes.
3. Provide a handout/brochure appropriate for the target audience culture, ethnicity, age, and educational level. The handout/brochure may be chosen from a quality internet source and should meet the following criteria:
- literacy level 5th to 8th grade
- visually appropriate/creative
- meets the current standard of care for the health issue of the target audience
- Centers for Disease control and Prevention (2019, July 25). Men and Stroke. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/stroke/men.htm
- the above link is the link i submitted for my teaching plan, you can use it as a reference. if you have any question let me know.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient"for a 15% Discount!"