- Review Chapter 6: Analyzing Argument for this weekâ€™s textbook homework assignment.
- Chapter 11: Arguing the Past
- Make note of the discussion of Evaluation Arguments in Chapter 11, Section 2 and the discussion of Appeals to Logic and Appeals to Value in Chapter 11, Section 3 for the Analytical Essay.
- Homework: Chapter 6 â€“ Analyzing Argument
- Submit final Analytical Essay.
- Review Chapter 14 throughout the term for guidance with MLA documentation.
Discussion board prompt:
- Read â€œDraft: â€˜The Power of Failure: J.K. Rowlingsâ€™ 2008 Harvard Commencement Speechâ€™â€by Liz Winhover in the Student Papers section of the textbook. You can find this reading by opening the Student Papers section of the textbook, and then selecting the Analysis section.
- Watch the following Research Tips tutorials from the library: â€œResearch Tips: Keyword Searchâ€, â€œResearch Tips: Keyword vs. Subject Searchâ€, and â€œResearch Tips: Refining Results with Limitersâ€.
- What helpful guidelines for conducting research in the database did you learn from these videos?
- How will you use this information while conducting secondary research for your Analytical essay?
- What questions or concerns do you have about conducting secondary research?