Analyze application of theories to the development of policies that affect nursing and health care.
The purpose of this assignment is to: a) identify and reflect upon key concepts related to your planning a policymaker call b) provide empirical evidence to support new insights gained regarding your healthcare policy issue and the policymaking process, and c) present ideas in a clear, succinct, and scholarly manner.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
(CO#1) Analyze application of theories to the development of policies that affect nursing and health care. (PO 9, 10)
(CO#3) Communicate with policymakers to advocate for effective policies that affect nurses and nursing, consumers, or the health care system. (PO 2, 3, 10)
(CO#4) Analyze the historical, ethical, and political contexts of healthcare policy and the consequences of policy implementation. (PO 6, 10)
(CO#6) Investigate the interrelationship between policy decisions and evidence-based practice. (PO 4, 7, 10)
DUE DATE Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 3
TOTAL POINTS: 175 points
Assignment Criteria for Presentation:
1. Provide an introduction to your healthcare policy-priority issue and the title or name of your legislator.
2. Articulate key points under each of the Formulating a Healthcare Policy Ungraded Worksheet #1 sections.
3. Provide a critique of empirical evidence that supports your chosen healthcare policy-priority issue and analysis.
4. Demonstrate the importance and impact of the chosen healthcare policy-priority issue to nursing.
5. Provide concluding statements summarizing the content.
6. The paper will be a minimum of 4 pages and a maximum of five pages in length, in APA format 6th edition, excluding the title and reference page.