4.1 Applying Nursing TheoryMay 14, 2022
The Sleepy Woman With AnxietyMay 14, 2022
Module 4.1 – Discussion
Applying Nursing Theory
- Select one (1) of the following scenarios related to a specific nursing. Think about what you would do in the scenario presented and post your ideas.
- Post two (2) discussion questions based on the readings along with your answers.
- Using Nightengale’s concepts of ventilation, light, noise, and cleanliness, analyze the setting in which you are practicing nursing (working as an employee or student).
- Using Nightengale’s theory, evaluate the nursing interventions you have identified for an individual patient in your facility or practice.
- Your hospital patient is an 82 year-old woman. She does not have immediate family and has been living alone in her own home. Her hospitalization was unanticipated; it followed a visit to the emergency room for a burn on her lower leg. The patient has been hospitalized for 14 days. She pleads with you to allow her friend to bring her dog, a 16-year-old Scotty Terrier, to the hospital. She tells you that none of the other nurses have listened to her when she asked them about such a visit. Based on Nightingale’s model, and 13 cannon, what actions would you take for this patient?
- Martina is a middle-aged Hispanic woman who brings her family to a local free clinic to obtain medical care. She works part time in a restaurant for minimum wage. She lives in a small apartment with her daughter and four preschool children; her daughter speaks only very broken English. Martina’s medical diagnoses are hypertension, arthritis, and depression.
Use the Neuman System Model as a conceptual framework to respond to the following:
- Describe the family as a system.
- How does the dominant Anglo culture impact on the family’s stability as a system?
- What stressors (actual and potential) threaten the family?
- What additional assessment data are needed related to Martina’s medical diagnoses?
- What additional assessment data are needed related to the family’s health status?
- How will cultural differences influence planning for prevention as intervention at primary, secondary, and tertiary levels?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.