- Describe your role and responsibilities as a nurse manager.
- Provide instructional guidance to students re: the practice of key elements of nursing leadership and management (e.g. staffing and scheduling, conducting meetings, supervising staff, etc.).
- Provide opportunity for student to review formal organizational structure, mission, vision, values, philosophy, goals and objectives, policies/procedures, and standards of practice.
- Facilitate learning opportunities for the student to analyze the goals and objectives of a nursing unit or the organization (e.g. staff meetings, committee meetings and other interdisciplinary activities).
- Attend clinical as planned with Preceptor, and be prepared to discuss the major elements of leadership as learned from the readings and the assignments.
- Explore the role of leadership and management as practiced by nurses in the organization (reflect this in clinical observation summary).
- Compare and contrast leadership and management styles as practiced within this setting with those learned in class assignments and readings (reflect this in clinical observation summary).
- Analyze the formal and informal goals and objectives of the nursing unit or organization (reflect this in clinical observation summary).
- Submit a clinical observation summary at the end of the course.