Module 2 – SLP
CULTURE, BEHAVIOR, AND GLOBAL HEALTH
Global Health in the 21st Century
This assignment is designed to familiarize you with some of the global health problems and diseases in your selected population. You will discuss the extent to which the behaviors, culture, or environment of the population affected by the infectious disease you identified in your Module 1 Case Assignment contribute to the disease.
You should use a variety of resources for this assignment. At least two sources must come from peer-reviewed journals.
Building on your research from Module 1 Case Assignment, discuss the following:
- An overview of the selected population.
- A description of the disease (transmission, prevalence, etc.).
- A description of potentially relevant cultural factors related to the health issue or disease.
- Cultural factors such as language, diet, expectations regarding health care, and the role of traditional healing.
- Environmental and social factors such as climate, economy, and politics.
Length: 2–3 pages (excluding the cover page and reference list), double-spaced.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Assessment and Grading: Your paper will be assessed based on the performance assessment rubric. You can view it under Assessments at the top of the page. Review it before you begin working on the assignment. Your work should also follow these Assignment Expectations.