In this project, you will be expected to do a comprehensive literature search and survey, select and study a specific topic in one subject area of data mining and its applications in business intelligence and analytics (BIA), and write a research paper on the selected topic by yourself. The research paper you are required to write can be a detailed comprehensive study on some specific topic or the original research work that will have been done by yourself. Requirements and Instructions for the Research Paper:
1. The objective of the paper should be very clear about subject, scope, domain, and the goals to be achieved.
2. The paper should address the important advanced and critical issues in a specific area of data mining and its applications in business intelligence and analytics. Your research paper should emphasize not only breadth of coverage, but also depth of coverage in the specific area.
3. The research paper should give the measurable conclusions and future research directions (this is your contribution). 4. It might be beneficial to review or browse through about 15 to 20 relevant technical articles before you make decision on the topic of the research project.
5. The research paper can be: a. Literature review papers on data mining techniques and their applications for business intelligence and analytics. b. Study and examination of data mining techniques in depth with technical details. c. Applied research that applies a data mining method to solve a real world application in terms of the domain of BIA.
6. The research paper should reflect the quality at certain academic research level.
7. The paper should be about at least 3000-3500 words double space.
8. The paper should include adequate abstraction or introduction, and reference list.
9. Please write the paper in your words and statements, and please give the names of references, citations, and resources of reference materials if you want to use the statements from other reference articles. 2
10. From the systematic study point of view, you may want to read a list of technical papers from relevant magazines, journals, conference proceedings and theses in the area of the topic you choose.
11. For the format and style of your research paper, please make reference to CEC Dissertation Guide. Publication Manual of APA, or the format of ACM and IEEE journal publications.