· Describe the development of rational choice theory
· Discuss the most important concepts of rational choice theory
· Depict in your own words how criminals structure crime
· Categorize the elements of general deterrence
· Articulate the basic concepts of specific deterrence
· Understand the development of trait theory
· Cite examples of the different research techniques used to link genetics to crime
· Correlate behavior theory to crime
· Identify the elements of personality related to crime
· Discuss the history of sociological criminology
· Discuss the association between collective efficacy and crime.
· Differentiate between the different forms of cultural deviance theory.