- Read two of the following stories on ethical and privacy issues with data mining.
- The Ethics of Big Data http://dataconomy.com/2016/06/social-data-gets-sticky-ethics-big-data-research
- DeepMind Patient Data http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/new-study-is-scathing-of-deepminds-use-of-patient_us_58ca6bbde4b07112b6472afe
- Vizio TV Spying https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/07/business/vizio-television-vizio-collected-viewers-habits-consent.html
- Internet providers sell your browsing history https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/03/29/what-to-expect-now-that-internet-providers-can-collect-and-sell-your-web-browser-history
- Parents protest child data mining http://www.texasinsider.org/haynes-parents-are-protesting-data-mining-of-their-childrens-highly-personal-information
- Post the links to the two stories you read. Identify three ethical or privacy related issues from the stories that concern you the most as a consumer/citizen. Explain why these issues concern you and how the data mined could actually hurt people.
Question 2 Using Advanced Analytics to Combat Insider Threat
User: n/a – Added: 11/10/16
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiULUWrwP8k
- Post the link to the video you watched. Identify the problem they were solving by using visual analytics. Identify the three most important aspects of the visual analytics in the video you watched and explain why you believe they are important.
- Respond to another studentâ€™s post. Watch the video link they posted. Explain how the three important aspects of visual analytics identified by your classmate could be applied to one of the industries/companies listed below.
- A social media company (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, etc.)
- An Internet company (Amazon, Netflix, TripAdvisor, Google, Yahoo, Uber, etc.)
- Your workplace.
- How stores track your shopping behavior | Ray Burke | TEDxIndianapolis
User: n/a –
Added: 11/25/14YouTube URL:
- Based on the video you selected, consider the processing elements (inputs, weights, and output) of an ANN outlined in section 6.2 of the textbook. Speculate on what inputs, weights and outputs might have been used in the scenario described in the video. Post the link to the video you watched and your response.