Learning Outcome: The students will be able to analyze different computer architectures and design methodologies, Instruction and arithmetic pipelining, superscalar architecture. Reduced Instruction Set Computers. Parallel architectures and interconnection networks. They will also be able to use this knowledge for research work.
Research Activity: The aim of this Assignment is to do a research on the given concepts produce a paper with all the relevant information. After the completion of this assignment you should be able to understand and present your research work.
Topics for Research Paper:
1. Instruction Pipelining – Intel 80486 Pipelining
2. CISC versus RISC
3. Superscalar versus Super pipelined
Instructions: The students need to form groups, each consisting of maximum 2 members. Please submit a softcopy and a hardcopy of your assignment as per the format along with cover page.
· Assignment should not exceeds 3000 words
· Journals or articles must be retrieved from the IEEE or ACM
· Use the IEEE format to write your research report (You don’t have to follow it exactly. Some sections can be excluded, or additional sections may be included if necessary.)
· 2% of marks will be deducted for late submission of each days after due date
· Plagiarism will liable to be punished by nullifying the marks of assignment.
· The presentation should include: a short intro, your hypotheses, a brief description of the methods, tables and/or graphs related to your findings, and an interpretation of your data. The presentations should be no more than 10 minutes long. Explain why your work is interesting. Clearly state your hypotheses. Correctly interpret your results. Constructively address sources of error and methodological difficulties.