read the transcription amp answer the following questionsAugust 14, 2020
10 2 discussion course reflectionAugust 14, 2020
***The deadline for the paper is correct, but a comprehensive outline is required beforehand (Friday). This can be further discussed if need be.
As a culmination of your previous work in this course, you will be asked to draw upon all that you have learned. Be creative in your project, and look for nontraditional ideas to promote the emerging discipline of homeland security.
Complete the following for the project:
- Develop a comprehensive, strategic 5-year plan for your community relating to current homeland security hazards, risks, and vulnerabilities.
- Include all of the elements that were discussed in Week 2, including the details on how to facilitate or manage the planning process.
- Your plan must include a training outline that incorporates new members and existing members.
- The outline should address the various levels of operation: policy, strategic, tactical, and task.
- Select an appropriate organizational construct for your region.
- Determine which agencies will be involved in your larger group, and explain why they belong.
- Frame the strategic plan from the big-picture point of view, expanding upon the details of the collective group strategic plan.
- Include the financial plan to support your agency’s strategic plan, training plan, and involvement in a regional collaboration (or other organizational construct).
- Give detail on your funding sources.
- This aspect may have a great impact on your selection of an organizational design.
- Defend each of your decisions and positions, and provide support from your research and from the course materials.
- If properly constructed, your comprehensive plan document should not exceed 10 pages in length, including charts, graphs, or tables.
- Use proper APA format.
- Clearly identify the discipline for which the strategic plan is being developed: emergency management or homeland security.
- Specifically identify the agencies or the membership of the strategic planning group.
- Identify the goals and objectives.
- Identify the method of assessing the environment by using a SWOT analysis or other method.
- This analysis should be specific.
- A timeline should be identified listing the key steps in the process.
- The plan should be written at the strategic level so that the tactical-level members of the organization can use the strategic plan as guidance in developing their operations.
- A detailed financial plan should be included that specifically identifies normal, emergency, and recovery funding sources from local, state, county, and federal sources.
- Include the requirements and restrictions of these funding programs.
- Provide a list of resources that are available compared to a shortfall of anticipated resources.
- List the mutual-aid capacity where these shortfall items may be obtained.
- Supply a sample MOA that identifies emergency funding, procedures, and policy that support the selection and use of vendors that would be used in lieu of mutual-aid resources.
- Supply a policy or procedure for emergency purchasing, including a chain-of-command identification by position of function, not by individual name.
- This procedure should include actions that address the compromise of the normal flow to ensure that the system will function and not rely upon individuals only.
- Add a scenario that is based on a strategic planning model (in general terms) that addresses the following:
- The idea of scenario planning as an alternate method
- A biological event at the local level.
- This may be as simple as community-acquired influenza of no specific origin (a difficult flu season).
- Add a scenario-based planning component to your strategic plan that addresses a public health issue involving a pandemic response.
- An example that may prove to be helpful was the H1N1 flu outbreak.
- These types of public health events will require future planning by government agencies.
- Use this assignment to build a scenario that could affect your agency.
- Be sure to reference all of your sources using APA style.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.