Emotional intelligence is now recognized as a critical factor in leadership development. In Week 2, you completed a personal leadership assessment to examine five critical domains from a high level. Now, you will dig a little deeper to look specifically at emotional intelligence.
- Complete the Emotional Intelligence media activity that introduces the following four dimensions of emotional intelligence:
- Social awareness.
- Relationship management.
- Complete the Vila Health: Emotional Intelligence simulation that examines interactions between a respiratory therapist and two nurses.
This assignment has three main parts:
Use the APA Paper Template [DOCX] to write a 7â€“10 page paper that responds to the following:
Part 1: Dimensions of Emotional Intelligence
Discuss the scene and what happened between Christina Robledo and the two nurses in the Vila Health simulation. Do you feel the nurses demonstrated strong emotional intelligence in their communications with Christina Robledo? Why or why not?
- What are the key elements of emotional intelligence that were demonstrated in this scenario?
- Which key elements of emotional intelligence were lacking from the scenario?
- How might the scenario have turned out differently if these elements had been demonstrated?
Part 2: Emotional Intelligence Self-Evaluation
Assess your own emotional intelligence. Reflect on your own interactions with others.
- Do you feel you are able to identify and understand others’ emotions?
- Are you able to control your own emotions when dealing with others?
- Which specific elements of emotional intelligence do you feel are the strongest in you?
- Which elements of emotional intelligence would you like to improve?
- Provide examples that illustrate your self-assessment.
Part 3: Impact of Emotional Intelligence for Health Care Leaders
Analyze reasons for health care leaders to develop their emotional intelligence skills in all dimensions:
- Describe each dimension of emotional intelligence and explain why it is important for health care leaders to develop their skills in each area.
- Explain the impact of emotional intelligence on relationships and communication effectiveness in health care organizations:
- If you were one of the nurses in the Vila Health simulation, how could you have communicated differently with Christina Robledo to acknowledge her concerns and her emotions?
- What are your overall impressions of the organizational culture of the hospital in the simulation?
- How does emotional intelligence impact relationships and communication effectiveness in health care organizations in general?
- Analyze the impact of emotional intelligence on cultural competence in health care organizations:
- How could emotional intelligence be used to improve cultural competence?
- Discuss how emotional intelligence promotes teamwork and collaboration in culturally diverse organizations:
- Do you feel teamwork and collaboration are valued at the organization portrayed in the Vila Health simulation?
- How could emotional intelligence be used to improve teamwork and collaboration between Christina Robledo and the nurses?
- Length: A minimum of seven double-spaced pages, not including title and reference pages.
- Font and font size: Arial, 12 point.
- References: Cite at least three references from peer-reviewed journals, in addition to your textbook. Refer to the Health Care Administration Undergraduate Program Library Guide for more information.
- Format: Use the APA Paper Template [DOCX] to write your paper using current APA style and formatting for the paper as well as for references and citations. Refer to Evidence and APA on Campus for more information. You may use first person for the portions of this paper where it is appropriate to do so.
Your work will be evaluated using this criteria.
VIEW SCORING GUIDE
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Assess one’s leadership style in a professional health care setting.
- Competency 2: Explain cultural competence and its relevance to health care management.
- Competency 3: Analyze communication styles and the impact on teamwork and collaboration.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others and is consistent with the expectations for health care professionals.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.