Hiring is one of the most critical aspects of being a leader. In order to have an effective hiring process, there is some important preparation that needs to be done. You and other stakeholders need to create a job description, agree upon a set of key competencies for the position, and develop a set of questions that enable you to interview candidates for those competencies.
For this exercise, select a position you are currently hiring for, or select a position that may have to be filled in your department or organization(Three Rivers Behavioral Health providing treatment to teenagers) in the future.
Follow the steps below to create a Hiring Sheet for this position:
• Step 1: Develop a Job Description.
o If there is a current job description, you can use that for this part of the exercise.
Submit it with your assignment for review.
• Step 2: Identify Key Competencies.
o Select 5 key competencies for the position from the List of Professional
Competencies below. You may create one competency of your own, if needed.
• Step 3: Rank the Competencies.
o Rank the competencies you selected in order, from the most important (1) to the
least important (5), and explain your rationale.
• Step 4: Create Interview Questions.
o Develop 2 questions per competency selected for use when interviewing
candidates. Your final list of questions for the position will contain 10 questions.
Your assignment should follow these formatting requirements:
• Typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12) with one-inch margins on
• Your submission includes one Job Description and one Hiring Sheet.
• Your Hiring Sheet includes:
o Five Key Competencies ranked from most important (1) to least important (5)
o Your Rationale for the ranking and order of importance of the competencies
o Two Interview Questions to assess each competency, for a total of 10 questions
• Include a Cover Page with the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the
professor’s name, course title, and date.
• Be sure to include citations in your work.