The student must write a 1000 word paper that is relevant to the subject. In HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY any subject related to humans with respect to a disease syndrome, or malady. A relevant medical topic would also apply. The issue should be up-to-date and referenced.
In order to complete the requirement the following steps shall be taken:
1) Select a topic as soon as possible. Discuss this with your professor if you wish some guidance.
2) Have a title page. Make sure to include your name along with the title of your paper.
3) Research relevant and up-to-date articles about the subject in the library.
DO NOT use encyclopedias, books older than 2000. “The Enquirerâ€ or any other general trendy magazines that are common on the supermarket shelves.
DO use journals such as â€œScienceâ€, â€œScience Newsâ€, â€œScientific Americanâ€, â€œNatureâ€, â€œPreventive Medicineâ€, and other health or medical journals.
<——-On the left side there is a link to HCC Libraries Online. Just use your ID and you can access journals and articles that you may be able to printout.
4) You may want to write a rough draft of your paper. Use facts and present your information in a “matter-of-fact” manner as directly as possible. Look at other scientific articles in the library as a guide, but if you want to add your own style that would be fine. The paper is graded on following the guidelines, content, readability, and organization.
5) Have at least FIVE sources of information. Please cite these sources where they occur in your paper; for example, with a number superscript that can be found in the references/cited sources on a separate last page or at the bottom of the page as a footnote. Using APA or MLA formats would be fine too. You may use the Internet to access articles through â€œvirtual librariesâ€ such as those associated with HCC or USF. If using a Website, make sure to include the URL of the web site. No matter how many website sources are cited, it will only count as one source. Anyone can have a website but if the website has a link to an article that you feel is worthy just cite the origin of the article, I don’t care that you acquired it through a website.
Interviews can be used but will count as one source.