Marris (1996) argued that multitasking is a social construct used by the powerful on the less powerful to shield them from uncertainty. How much truth is evident in this perspective and in what ways is this apparent in modern business? If not, is it possible to reduce expected multitasking in projects and if so, how?
Marris, P. (1996). The politics of uncertainty: Attachment in private and public life. New York: Routledge. http://books.google.com/books/about/The_politics_of_uncertainty.html?id=v6wNwbIrpgAC
Post must be three short paragraphs
· Think of the assignment in terms of a concise writing exercise. Relate the post to the course materials.
· Try to keep your posts to 150-200 words. Texts longer than 150-200 words are harder to follow on screen.
· Better-formulated, grammatically correct, clear posts attract more attention (from both instructor and colleagues).
· Before you post, think about the assignment first and jot down notes as you read.
· Develop your initial post in a word processing program where you can edit; then post. This gives you the added advantage of leaving you with a record of your observations. The saved word processing format is always available to you to refer back to after the course is completed.
· Cite and/or provide links to help readers associate and/or find the source you are paraphrasing or quoting.
· Title your post with a descriptive and/or interesting topic to flag attention and to solicit response from others.
· After you have posted, check back to see if anybody has responded to you and keep the dialog going.