Overview of the Research Paper Assignment
Your assignment is to write a 1250-1800 words paper on one of the following topics. You are expected to cite at least five reputable, scholarly sources (outside of the course text) in supporting your thesis on your chosen topic.
Please follow these Guidelines:
- Use MLA format for your documentation and paper formatting.
- Cite, quote and paraphrase ethically and correctly. No more than 5% of your paper may be made up of quoted material.
- Include examples of art works to support your analysis. If you would like to include images in your paper, they must be properly captioned and cited.
- Use the art elements and design principles vocabulary in your writing.
- Submit your paper as an attachment in MS Word format.
TOPIC: Non-Western Influences on Modern Art
Discuss the influence of African or Asian art on Western art from the 19th century through the present, citing specific works, artists, styles, or movements that have been influential.
Recommended resources to get you started:
oMurrell, D. (2008). African Influences on Modern Art. Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History, Metropolitan Museum of Art. Retrieved from https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/aima/hd_aima.htm.
oMichael, C. (2010). Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History, Metropolitan Museum of Art. Retrieved from https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/laut/hd_laut.htm
oIves, C. (2004). Japonisme. Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History, Metropolitan Museum of Art. Retrieved from https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/jpon/hd_jpon.htm