PERSONAL LEADERSHIP REFLECTION
Before you can begin to lead others, you must first understand yourself. You must understand your strengths so you can further develop those talents, and you must also understand your weaknesses so you can identify areas to improve. Both strengths and weaknesses should be included in a personal development plan.
The ACHE Healthcare Executive 2021 Competencies Assessment Tool [PDF] that you have either completed or started in Week 1 in preparation for this assessment is particularly important. For this assignment, complete the assessment tool if you haven’t completed it already, review the results of the assessment tool, analyze the results, and then develop a personal leadership plan to set goals for the future.
The assessment is broken up into five domains:
- Communication and relationship management.
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment.
- Business skills and knowledge.
This assignment has two parts.
Use the APA Paper Template [DOCX] to write a 7â€“10 page paper that responds to the following:
Part 1: Leadership Self-Reflection
- Discuss the five leadership domains assessed by the ACHE assessment tool.
- Determine strategies to develop your identified strengths and weaknesses for each of the five domains.
- For each of the five domains, summarize both your strengths and your weaknesses.
- For each domain, identify at least one resource you can use immediately to further develop your skills, for a total of five resources.
- Describe qualities needed by leaders.
- Analyze the qualities of a leader you have and the ones you need to work on developing.
- From your readings and research, define the primary qualities needed by leaders and apply those qualities to your personal assessment.
- Describe which qualities you possess and which qualities present opportunities for improvement.
Part 2: Personal Development Plan
- Create a 1-year personal development plan.
- This plan should synthesize your assessment results with your research completed this week.
- Identify at least three things you would like to work on over the next year and develop a timeline with specific metrics to measure your progress.
- Develop a timeline for your personal development plan.
One potential way to approach this part is to create a table to break the three goals into actionable steps after you have identified three things that you would like to work on. Your table should have the following four columns.
- The first column should show the overall goals.
- The second column should contain all the steps necessary for each goal.
- The third column should show how you will measure the progress of each step.
- The fourth column should show the deadline for completing the steps.
An example of this table could be like this (your table will include three goals and each goal can have more than two steps):
Leave work by 5 p.m. daily.
Time left daily.
Do not check email from home.
Number of times email is checked from home.
- Length: A minimum of seven double-spaced pages, not including title and reference pages.
- Font and font size: Arial, 12 point.
- References: Cite at least three references from peer-reviewed journals, in addition to your textbook. Refer to the Health Care Administration Undergraduate Program Library Guide for more information.
- Format: Use the APA Paper Template [DOCX] to write your paper using current APA style and formatting for the paper as well as for references and citations. Refer to Evidence and APA on Campus for more information. You may use first person for the portions of this paper where it is appropriate to do so.
Your work will be evaluated using this criteria.
VIEW SCORING GUIDE
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Assess one’s leadership style in a professional health care setting.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others and is consistent with the expectations for health care professionals.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.