Note: The assessments in this course build upon each other, so you are strongly encouraged to complete them in sequence.
As a leader in the field of nursing, it is important for you to identify areas within your organization that may need to improve cultural competence, and to develop educational materials to assist in doing so.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 2: Develop evidence-based health promotion and disease prevention initiatives for diverse and vulnerable populations.
. Identify topics for an organizational education plan on CAM and spirituality.
. Explain the importance of health care professionals developing an understanding of CAM, traditional medicine, holistic health, and spirituality.
· Competency 3: Apply basic epidemiological concepts, data analysis methods, tools, and databases to determine the effectiveness of health promotion and disease prevention initiatives for diverse and vulnerable populations.
. Provide a list of resources to include in an organizational education plan on CAM and spirituality.
· Competency 4: Examine the ethical, legal, and economic factors related to health disparities in diverse and vulnerable populations.
. Examine ethical, legal, and economic principles related to CAM, traditional medicine, holistic health, and spirituality.
· Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the health care professions.
. Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, APA formatting, and mechanics.
Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is widely used in the United States. According to the 2007 National Health Interview Survey (NHIS), 38.8 percent of U.S. adults and 12 percent of U.S. children use CAM therapies. The survey also reported on CAM use among members of ethnic groups, as a percentage of the group’s overall population:
· American Indian and Alaska Natives, 50.3 percent.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH STUDENT HOMEWORKS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of 8 slides that explains why an understanding of complimentary alternative medicine (CAM) and spirituality is important for members of health care teams; examines the ethical, legal, and financial principles related to CAM and spirituality; and describes how these forms of health care can impact plans of action. appeared first on STUDENT HOMEWORKS.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.