Program Evaluation EssayFebruary 2, 2020
Topic: PsychopharmachologyFebruary 2, 2020
As a school counselor, you will regularly use professional literature
to inform your work. Many of the important questions that you will have
as your career evolves will be answered by researchers conducting
qualitative studies. The qualitative designs permit researchers to
answer questions that cannot be answered by quantitative designs, by
examining people’s subjective worlds as directly as possible, through
their own narratives.
For this assignment, you will create a mini research proposal. As you
review the media piece, think through a possible qualitative study.
Your work on this assignment will demonstrate that you understand the
importance of the alignment of the elements of a study and how they work
In preparation for this assignment, you reviewed the Riverbend City:
Quantitative and Qualitative Research Questions media piece, which
provided an example for first steps in creating a research proposal. Think about a problem in counseling practice that could be researched using a qualitative approach. Create a mini research proposal that addresses the problem that you identified. Your proposal must include these elements:
- Mini-literature review. Include a review of three recent empirical sources (required) and one non-empirical source (optional).
- Research question. This specific question should
be written in a way that it could be answered through qualitative data;
this is the question that will be answered by the proposed study.
- Research design. Identify the research design for the proposed study. Choose from case study, ethnography, phenomenology, and grounded theory.
- Sampling plan. Describe your proposed sampling
method, including a rationale for the sample you chose and how many
participants would comprise the sample.
- Data collection plan. Identify data that you
would collect in your study and describe the interview that you would
use. Explain how you would collect the qualitative data that would
answer your research question.
- Data analysis plan. Explain how you would analyze the data that you collected.
- Ethical and cultural concerns. Identify ethical and cultural concerns that may be present in the proposed study.
- Alternative considerations. Describe how the
problem that you investigated might be addressed by using a mixed
methods approach. Explain whether you believe that would be a stronger
approach or not, in this particular situation.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length: 4–6 pages, not counting cover page and reference page
- APA Style: Include a reference page in the current APA style at the end of your paper.
- Number of references: Minimum of three peer-reviewed empirical journal articles which are no more than seven years old.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient"for a 15% Discount!"