3 pages and title and reference page i have last week paper
Standards are what hold likeminded industries (education, military, corporate, or other) to the same level of accountability. Once a standard is selected, it must then be aligned to the lesson or instruction. All successful instructional settings will align instruction and assessment to the standards. For this assignment, you will discuss the purpose of standards and a learning objectives/outcomes alignment with assessments and lesson plans. You will also summarize the importance of alignment between standards, objectives, assessments within instructional plans.
â€œIt takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong.â€(Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, as cited in Lopez, 2013)
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapter 7: Crafting Lessons by Design from Teaching and Learning (Newman, 2019) and Chapter 7: Standards Alignment from No Excuses University (Lopez, 2013).
From your current or desired educational career, reflect on the following as you consider standards alignment:
- The role of lesson planning in standards alignment.
- The daily commitment of aligning standards.
- Pacing versus alignment.
- The NEU four group system of keeping it practical.
- Great standard alignment plus exceptional collaboration will equal great results
- The importance of instructional objectives (learning outcomes) and their key characteristics.
- Lesson plan types.
- Multiple intelligences.
Compose your paper using APA Style and third-person language. For assistance, you may review the resource First vs. Third Person. (Links to an external site.) Your paper should include the following:
- Present a thesis statement of the role of standards alignment in lesson planning and instruction.
- You may review the Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.) resource for additional help.
Body of the Paper
- Summarize how you will ensure that alignment exists within your instruction using the instructional management plan created in week 2.
- Describe the steps you can follow to maintain alignment in your instruction.
- Describe how you can use NEUâ€™s group system of keeping it practical to maintain alignment.
- Describe how multiple intelligences may impact aligning standards.
- Explain how your system of exceptional collaboration, created in Week 2, promotes quality standards alignment.
- Summarize the system you created in Week 2.
- Explain the concept of pacing versus alignment.
- Describe the difference between the two.
- Summarize how standards alignment might be used in your future work and educational endeavors.
Be sure to support your position with one scholarly and/or credible source, in addition to the No Excuses University (Lopez, 2013), and the Teaching and Learning (Newman, 2019) textbooks (for a total of at least three cited references).
Writing and Formatting Expectations
The Standards Alignment paper
- Must use the provided template. The Standards Alignment paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford University Writing Centerâ€™s APA Style (Links to an external site.)resource
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford University Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least one scholarly and/or credible source in addition to the Teaching and Learning (Newman, 2019) and No Excuses University (Lopez, 2013) textbooks (for a total of at least three cited references). You will use scholarly sources to support your view, your position. Doing this assists in supporting your point of view.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for his assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.