test anxiety test taking
Learning Objectives: 1a, 1c (opens in new tab)
Step 1: Answer the questions below using the following scale:
1 2 3 4
Not at all like me Very much like me
- During a test I feel very tense.
- I wish examinations did not bother me so much.
- I seem to defeat myself while working on important tests.
- I feel panicky when I take an important test.
- During examinations I get so nervous that I forget facts I really know.
Add up your score. The higher the total score, the more test anxiety you may experience. Any score over 10 suggests that you may experience anxiousness or nervousness at least on some occasion.
Step 2: Now watch the following video on test anxiety.
Step 3: In a 250-300 word response, discuss your results. Were you surprised at your score? Then, identify three test anxiety strategies you are considering putting into practice.
Step 4: Please include a word count at the end of your document, save it to your computer and submit it in the drop box below. Remember to submit either a Word document or an RTF file.