Why do editors contend the global health is a collection of problems?
Using this book:Reimagining Global Health, An Introduction, (2013). Paul Farmer, Jim Yong Kim,
Arthur Kleinman and Matthew Masilico.Why do our editors contend the global health is a collection of problems? What are some of
the differences between global health issues at large versus the health care issues in lowincome,
– Why is it important to examine health disparities between AND within counties? Be sure to
share some key themes highlighted by the editors.
– How can exploring and critiquing social theory help us to better understand global health care
policy and practices?
– Our editors discuss the role of legitimation and institutionalization in health care practice.
Why are these processes important to study? What are some of the challenges and positive
aspects of both?
– What are key distinctions between the terms “global health” and “international health?” Why
is it important to understand the distinctions?
– How did colonial medicine impact the health care practice of indigenous populations? How
did colonial medicine impact health care of colonizing countries?
– What where some key similarities and differences between colonial, tropical and missionary
– Explain how development ideology impacted the way that global Northern countries engaged
in global Southern countries health care policy, practice and challenges? What was the role of
the United Nations according to our authors?