- Write the summary in your own words, remembering to be aware of your bias, giving the argument its own space to breathe, while still shaping it so that you can easily respond to the parts that were most interesting to you.
- Do not use quotes
- The response section of your essay is the place for opinion and can take many forms: agreeing, disagreeing or a bit of both
- You can also identify how your life reflects or does not connect to the arguments in Halberstamâ€™s essay.
- Include an MLA Works Cited with Halberstamâ€™s bibliographic information.
- Your essay must be between 1.5 and 2 pages long,