Write-up Questions for the Teradyne Case
1. Unlike Teradyne’s traditional approach, the Jaguar project team clearly defined the minimal, precise scope and requirements in great detail prior to the Phase 2 gate. a) What are the pros and cons of this approach?
b) Would you support this approach? Why or why not?
2. (a) What caused the substantial schedule delay of software development for the Jaguar project? (b) How did the software problem impact the project? (c) If you were the project manager, what would you have done differently to prevent the software problem from happening?
3. (a) How did the project management tools impact the Jaguar project, positively and negatively? (b) What would you recommend to Teradyne in terms of how they can use the PM tools more effectively in their future projects?
Each case write-up is worth 12.5 points of your grade and will be due at the beginning of the class on the due date. Please follow the instructions below when you prepare your write-up.
Failure to follow the instructions results in penalty to your grade:
· Formatting requirements: single space, font size 12, one inch page margin around each page
· Page limit: no more than 2 pages (I recommend 2 pages long)
A student’s write-up will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
· Was the write-up submitted before the due date? (Late submission penalty is 20 points for each day overdue)
· Does it address all the questions point by point?
· Does it demonstrate the student’s good understanding of the case?
· Does it clearly state the student’s position on the given issue?
· Does it provide compelling facts and evidence in support of its argument or position?
· Does it demonstrate the student’s analytical and logical thinking? Does it present innovative, creative ideas or solutions?
· Is it well written with a logical flow?
· Is it formatted correctly?